This is one Avocado Salsa which is perfect to serve with some beef patties, pork or chorizo with cheese. It is commonly popular because avocado gives you a creamy appearance, which combines with a large amount of food.
A good idea is combine this sauce with meat or seafood, like a very creamy dip. It is also a good option to replace the use of mayonnaise in sandwiches. Equally, it is very simple to prepare, it is enough to just include the ingredients in the blender, although it is recommended to chop them well before. In this way it will help you to blend easily..
Next we will explain the ingredients you need to prepare this recipe, steps for its preparation and some final recommendations.
Avocado sauce ingredients
- 2 medium-sized avocados that are well ripe.
- Salt to taste.
- The juice of 2 a 4 lemons, according to your taste.
- 2 a 3 Serrano jalapenos or chili peppers (In case you don't want it to be too spicy, can use green peppers)
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped.
- 3 a 4 garlic cloves (must crush them)
- ¼ cup olive oil or avocado oil.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (this is optional)
Steps to follow to prepare the avocado sauce
- Chop the avocados in medium pieces (In this way, the blending process will be easier and faster.)
- Crush the garlic or mash them so they are very small.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients together until a very creamy sauce is obtained.
- Can be served immediately in a container, Or you can refrigerate it until it's time to serve.
Recommendations and recipe variations
While this is a hot sauce, has the decision to adjust the quantity and intensity of chilies or chili peppers to your liking. Too, if you don't like the spice in the sauce, You can use green peppers, or sweet peppers to attenuate its flavor. If it's just a mild itch you want, can use alone a jalapeno, without the veins and without the seeds.
If what you want is to provide a stronger flavor and that it is more spicy, You can use serranos or habaneros. The combination of these with the hot peppers, it can give you a great heat that will surely be to the taste of lovers of spicy food.
This sauce or dip can be prepared just when you are going to eat, or if you prefer, you can make it ahead of time and refrigerate, because this does not affect its taste. This is thanks to the fact that it has lemon juice, which prevents the sauce from darkening. However, you should know that can last up to 24 hours without losing color.